NEW ASHFORD -- Eleven seats for eight town offices and boards and will be up for election this year.
Included are positions on the Selectmen, School Committee, Board of Health, Planning Board and Cemetery Committee, as well as the town clerk, tree warden and fire warden.
The three-year term on the Selectmen up for election is currently held by Charles "Chuck" Morrone, who was elected to the board in November 2011 to complete the term held by Flavia Mastellone, who had resigned.
Morrone stated when he was running for election that he was only doing so to complete the two-person board. He said this week that he won't seek re-election to the Selectmen.
"I just wanted to fill the term out to eliminate any possible problems you can have with only two elected people on the board," he said.
Other positions up for election include:
* A three-year term on the School Committee currently held by Brenda Frye.
* A three-year term on the Board of Health currently held by Walker Haig.
* A five-year term on the Planning Board currently held by Steve Jennings.
* Four, one-year terms on the Cemetery Committee currently held by John Haig Jr., Dale Trottier, Steve DeMyer and Jason Jayko.
* A three-year term as Town Clerk, and a one-year term as Tree Warden, both held by Lori Trottier.
* A one-year term as Fire Warden currently held by Michael Holden.
Lori Trottier said that the town caucus to nominate candidates will be held at 9 a.m. on April 14. The town election will be on May 22, and voting hours will be from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. at Town Hall, she said.
During the town caucus, residents nominate candidates for positions that are up for election. Names of the nominees are subsequently put on the town election ballot.
To reach Meghan Foley,