NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Monday:
* Valerie M. Holland, 31, of Old State Street in North Adams, was found guilty of shoplifting by asportation, third offense. Holland was fined $150 by the court.
* Matthew Demastrie, 26, of Clarendon Street in Pittsfield, was arraigned on a charge of receiving stolen property over $250. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for July 25.
* Jessica L. Horsfall, 21, of Howland Avenue in Adams, was arraigned on charges of assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 1.
* David F. Lemaire Jr., 20, of Carson Avenue in Clarksburg, was arraigned on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, failure to stop for police and speeding. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for July 25.
A warrant was issued for the following person:
* Jessica A. Coury, 30, of Bartons Crossing on North Street in Pittsfield, on a charge of failure to return library materials.
-- Phil Demers