NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Tuesday:
* Destiny E. Madison, 19, of Ashland Street in North Adams, was arraigned on a charge of assault and battery. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 21.
* Charles E. Crisp Jr., 29, of Jordan Street in North Adams, was found guilty of shoplifting by concealed merchandise. Crisp was sentenced to nine months in a house of correction.
* Philip C. Cromack, 22, of Bailey Hill Road in Readsboro, Vt., was arraigned on charges of possessing a firearm without a Firearms Identification Card and possession of ammunition without a Firearms Identi fication Card. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for July 10.
* Taunie J. Arnold, 20, of Church Street in North Adams, was arraigned on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 8.
A warrant was issued for the following person:
* John P. Schettini, 38, of Wilson Street in Pittsfield, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
-- Phil Demers