GRAFTON -- The fourth annual Grafton Music Festival, a multi-day musical event, continues over the next few days culminating on Tuesday, July 3, with the Vermont Symphony Orchestra’s annual concert under the stars, with fireworks at Grafton Pond.
Most of the events held are free for all ages and complement annual festivities taking place throughout southern Vermont. The festival schedule includes:
Saturday, June 30
* 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Grafton Expo will feature more than a dozen local artisans on display, children’s activities run by the Grafton School PTA and local food vendors.
* 1 p.m. -- Outdoor concert featuring the Sweetback Sisters, who blend precise, family-style harmonies, the best of country music, as well as the spirited rockabilly. The concert will be held behind the Grafton Inn.
* 5 p.m. -- Outdoor concert with the Corvettes Doo Wop Revue, dedicated to preserving and performing the greatest music ever made -- the music of the 1950s Doo Wop era. The concert will be held behind the Grafton Inn.
Ticket prices for Saturday’s outdoor concerts are $5 for all-day pass, free for ages 12 and under.
* 7:30 p.m. -- Free concert featuring The Nines, an award-winning eight-piece band whose repertoire includes swing, jazz, R&B,
Sunday, July 1
* 9 a.m. -- Special church service at the White Church in Grafton Village, including a Hymn sing and music by Cabin Fever.
* 11 a.m. -- Free Concert with Ken and Julie Olsson, The Dynamic Two-O, at the White Church, Grafton Village.
Tuesday, July 3
* 7:30 p.m. -- The 22nd annual Vermont Symphony Orchestra will perform under the stars at Grafton Ponds Outdoor Center followed by a spectacular fireworks display. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. for picnicking. Tickets can be purchased at BrattleboroTix.com or at local retail outlets.
Details can be found at GraftonMusicFestival.com.