NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Friday:
* William L. Gancarz, 36, of Protection Avenue in North Adams was found guilty of disturbing the peace. Gancarz was fined $100 by the court.
* Alyssa S. Bromley, 28, of Bieniek Avenue in Adams was found guilty of class B drug distribution. Bromley was sentenced to one year in a house of correction.
* John L. Sweet, 49, of McLain Street in Williamstown was arraigned on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 7.
* Timothy K. Sherman, 29, of Central Shaft Road in Florida was arraigned on charges of assault and battery and indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or older. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 29.
* Robert L. Sumner, 34, of Mohawk Trail in Florida was arraigned on charges of breaking and entering a vehicle or boat during the day for a felony and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 29.
* Donna M. Burdick, 57, of South County Road in Drury admitted to sufficient facts on a charge of larceny over $250. Burdick was ordered to pay $11,272 in restitution and was given
Warrants were issued for the following people:
* David M. Tafur, 27, of Griswald Street in Nassua, N.Y. on charges of assault and battery, trespassing, tagging property and threat to commit a crime.
* James D. Scott, 48, of Brayton Hill Terrace in North Adams on charges of assault and battery and disorderly conduct.
-- Phil Demers