NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Friday:
* Edward B. Hanify, 69, of Hancock Road in Hancock, was arraigned on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of liquor. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Sept. 19.
* Richard W. Pytko, 33, of Main Street in Savoy, was arraigned on a charge of improperly storing a firearm. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Sept. 21.
Warrants were issued for the following people:
* Nathan R. Tatro, 39, of Andrea Drive in Stamford, Vt., on two counts of larceny by check over $250.
* Catherine E. Brackett, 21, of West Main Street in Cambridge, N.Y., on a charge of shoplifting by concealed merchandise.
* Kimberly A. Collins, 47, of Howland Avenue in Adams, on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and possession of an open container of alcohol inside a motor vehicle.
* Geoffrey M. Duval, 61, of West Pine Street in Adams, on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and speeding.
* John H. Laine Jr., 53, of West Main Street in North Adams, on charges of
-- Phil Demers