ADAMS -- A chicken dinner, live auction and dance will be held Saturday, Oct. 6, from 6 p.m. to midnight, at Bounti-Fare Restaurant in Adams to benefit PopCares Inc.
PopCares Inc. was established in honor and memory of Bill "Pop" St. Pierre, who taught the importance of sharing small acts of kindness with others on a daily basis. Pop and his family were fortunate to have the support of each other as well as friends during his battle with cancer. It is the mission of PopCares Inc. to ensure that every person fighting cancer and their caregivers in our local community has the opportunity to benefit from that same level of support.
All proceeds benefit local cancer patients and personal caregivers.
Here are some of the ways that PopCares Inc will help:
* Gift certificates for groceries, gas, dining or for lodging while patients are undergoing treatment.
* Assistance with maintaining homes, yards or vehicles.
* Grants to assist in uncovered medical and related expenses while patients and/or caregivers are out of work due to illness.
* Information and referral of resources available to community members.
* Mentors to provide emotional support to patients and caregivers.
PopCares Inc. Board of Directors: Bob St. Pierre, Bill St. Pierre, Mike St. Pierre, Cindy Noel, Carrie Schadler, Megan Sherman, Pat Mancuso, Tom Rumbolt and Dolores St. Pierre (Honorable Member).