NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Wednesday:
* Rebecca J. Griffin, 44, of Mohawk Forest Boulevard in North Adams, was arraigned on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of liquor (OUI), no inspection sticker and child endangerment while OUI. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Feb. 20.
* Brody Whelan, 18, of Chicopee Street in Pittsfield, was arraigned on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of liquor. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Feb. 20.
* Nicholas B. Lafountain, 27, of Grange Road in Greenfield Center, N.Y., admitted to sufficient facts on a charge of indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or over. The case was continued without a finding until Dec. 31, 2014 and Lafountain was ordered to stay away from the victim.
* Kerry A. Columbus, 29, of Summer Street in Adams, admitted to sufficient facts on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of liquor, a marked-lanes violation and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. Columbus was fined $600 and given a 45-day loss of license and probation until Jan. 3, 2014.
* Robert L. Gardner, 42, of Friend Street in Adams, was arraigned on four counts assault and battery and
* Lloyd A. Vanderburg, 50, of North Hoosac Road in Williamstown, was arraigned on two counts larceny over $250 and single counts breaking and entering a building during the day for a felony and larceny from a building. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Jan. 30.
-- Phil Demers