NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Monday: * Christopher Chapin, 34, of Mohawk Forest Boulevard in North Adams, admitted to sufficient facts and was found guilty of trespassing. He served 3 days in Berkshire County Jail and House of Correction.
* Gerald Darling, 47, of Spring Street in North Adams, had a charge of violation of a miscellaneous municipal ordinance dismissed at the request of the commonwealth.
* Corey McGrath, 39, of Stafford Hill Road in Cheshire, admitted to sufficient facts and was found guilty on a charge of operating under the influence (OUI) of liquor, second offense. McGrath was ordered to pay $1,100 in court fees and fines by Feb. 26, 2014. He was also placed on probation, for which he must complete a 2-week residential driver education program and remain drug and alcohol free. McGrath was found not responsible on charges of a marked-lanes violation and a failure to signal.
* Brittany Beyreis, 22, of Bracewell Avenue in North Adams, will have a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license dismissed upon her payment of $100 in fines. She was found not responsible on charges of no inspection sticker and improper operation of a motor vehicle. In a separate case, Beyreis had a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license dismissed at the request of the commonwealth.
* Kenneth Loynes, 27, of Veazie Street in North Adams, was arraigned on an assault and battery charge.
* John Grover, 48, of Willow Dell in North Adams, was arraigned on an assault and battery charge.
* Michael Hiser, 26, of Church Street in North Adams, was arraigned on charges of assault and battery, intimidating a witness and wanton destruction of property over $250.
-- Adam Shanks