NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Wednesday:
* Nicholas E. Bushey, 20, of Crane Place in Dalton, was found guilty on a charge of destruction of property under $250. Bushey was fined $120 by the court.
* Christopher D. Chapin, 32, of Ashland Street in North Adams, was found guilty of shoplifting by asportation, second offense. Chapin was fined $100 by the court.
* Jeffrey D. Sprague, 25, of Notch Road in North Adams, was arraigned on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, a marked-lanes violation and obstructing a window. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for July 6.
* Edmund J. Niewinski Jr., 52, of Mansfield Road in Harrington, Conn., was arraigned on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, possession of alcohol in a motor vehicle and speeding. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 1.
A warrant was issued for the following person:
* Melissa Gates, 43, of Burt Street in Adams, on a charge of forging or misusing a Registry of Motor Vehicles document.
-- Phil Demers