NORTH ADAMS -- The following cases were heard in Northern Berkshire District Court on Friday:
* Angela G. Guiel, 52, of Commercial Street in Adams, was arraigned on charges of shoplifting by concealed merchandise, disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for May 14.
* Richard H. Murphy, 32, of Houghton Street in North Adams, was arraigned on charges of larceny from a person over 65, improper use of a credit card over $250 and identity fraud. A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for March 18.
* Steven J. Burdick, 22, of Tyler Street in Pittsfield, admitted to sufficient facts and was found guilty on charges of breaking and entering for a misdemeanor and receiving stolen property over $250. Burdick was sentenced to 8 months in a house of correction with 11 days credit.
* Luis A. Rivera, 31, of North Street in North Adams, admitted to sufficient facts on charges of larceny over $250 and assault and battery. Rivera was fined $50 and the case was continued without a finding until Nov. 13.
Warrants were issued for the following people:
* Michael G. Wescott, 34, of Charles Street in North Adams, on charges of shoplifting over $100 by asportation and larceny over $250.
* Natasha L. Kegresse, 20, of North Summer Street in Adams, on charges of assault and battery and reckless endangerment of a child.
* Bryan H. Rennell, 19, of Blackstone Road in Florida, on charges of negligent operation of a motor vehicle, a marked-lanes violation, a tire tread-depth violation and speeding.
* Aubrey L. Gross, 25, of Blackinton Street in North Adams, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and an equipment violation.
-- Phil Demers