306 West St., (413) 445-5246. Principal organizing group for the Pittsfield/Malpaisillo Sister City relationship. Malpaisillo is Pittsfield's Sister City in Nicaragua. Group helps make connections between community groups in Pittsfield and their counterparts in Malpaisillo.
Berkshire Ballroom Dancers
Masonic Temple, 116 South St., (413) 274-6131, www.berkshireballroom.org. Dancing for all ages and experience.
Berkshire Bike Path Council
(413) 445-5223. Group facilitates bike path development in Berkshire County.
Berkshire Hills Hadassah
16 Colt Rd., (413) 499-5970. Local chapter of national organization. Committed to healing, teaching and research on physical, spiritual and cultural levels.
Berkshire Museum Camera Club
443-7171. Group meets to discuss all aspects of photography. All photographers welcome.
Berkshire Museum Junior Naturalist Club
(413) 443-7171. Children's group works on science and educational projects.
Berkshire Rowing & Sculling Society
(413) 442-7769. Instruction and rowing programs for all ages.
The Berkshire Writers Room
413.236.2191. Groups of writers including Poetry at Wild Sage on North Street, Pittsfield, Writing for Children & Young Adults, Fiction and Creative Non-fiction at Berkshire Community College. Call or visit www.berkshirewritersroom.com for meeting days and times.
(413) 443-9471, 314 Columbus Ave., Organization matches adults with boys and girls for leadership, guidance and support.
Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity
P.O. Box 2717, (413) 442-3181. www.berkshirehabitat.org. Central Berkshire Habitat, since its start in 1993, has completed seven new or rehabilitated projects, to house 11 families More than 500 volunteers now aim to complete two projects every 18 months
Country Life Dance & Music Society
499-7105. Sponsors Contra dancing with live music. Beginners and singles welcome. www.berkshire.net/CLDMS.
27 Union St., (413) 447-9243. A community-oriented lodge that supports youth activities and charitable causes.
Jewish Federation of the Berkshires
196 South St., (413) 442-4360. Coordinating agency for all Jewish activities in Berkshire County. Raises and provides funds for social service needs.
Junior League of Berkshire County
75 Church St., (413) 443-5151. Women's organization that encourages volunteerism and projects which enhance the community.
Knights of Columbus #103
395 North St., (413) 443-7518.
Lions Club of Pittsfield
P.O. Box 312, (413) 448-2855. Raises funds for a number of charities and school scholarships. Works to help people with sight problems and collects eyeglasses for the needy.
The Pittsfield Arts, Culture and Education Association, Inc. (PACE)
P.O. Box 4863. www.pittsfieldcarousel.org
Information and volunteers:
The Pittsfield Arts, Culture and Education Association, Inc. (PACE) is a non-profit organization created to promote and operate artistic, cultural, educational and recreational programs in and around downtown Pittsfield, Massachusetts. The initial focus of PACE is the creation and operation of a carousel and adjacent spaces to display local collections of historical significance. The plans also include space for a snack shop, gift shop and party/conference room. The carousel will be carved and painted by members of the community. The goal of PACE is to have the Pittsfield Carousel fully operational in time for the City of Pittsfield's 250th anniversary celebration in the year 2011.
Pittsfield Area Council of Churches
(413) 442-7357. Christian organization of Massachusetts churches. Organizes local ecumenical services.
(413) 266-1083. Provides and maintains plantings in Pittsfield. Sponsors garden tours and educational programs.
Pittsfield Garden Tour
(413) 443-1832. Celebrating it's 10 Anniversary July 15 and 16. Group organizes annual summer tour of private Pittsfield gardens.
Pittsfield Grange No. 14
(413) 442-1479. Meets at the Grange hall at 1123 West St. on the first Friday 7:30 p.m. A family-oriented, non-partisan, non-sectarian, fraternal, social, community service organization open to anyone over 13 1/2 years of age.
Pittsfield Masonic Temple
116 South St., (413) 443-6634. This lodge has two groups meeting on a regular basis. The Crescent/Pittsfield Lodge and the Mystic Lodge. They host a monthly breakfast open to the public. Ballroom, Latin and other style dances are held during the year. For more information call: (413) 499-3151.
Pittsfield Masonic Temple Dance Programs
116 South St., (413) 499-3151. The Pittsfield Masonic Temple has recently opened its doors to public dances. There have been several successful events in the early spring of this year with organizations such as "Impromptu Dance", ”U.S.A. Dance" and the "Latino International Cultural Organization". Also, the "Sioga Club" of Pittsfield has participated in modern dance for it's fund raising efforts. The Masons have a beautiful +3000 square foot dance floor that can host up to 160 people for dance, or 220 people for lectures, conferences, film, etc. The kitchen is state of the art. Their central location across from the Colonial Theatre is another plus for accessibility. Parking is available in the rear as well as on street.
Pittsfield Parade Committee
(413) 447-7763.A group of volunteers who have joined together to organize and fund an annual Fourth of July parade and related activities.
Pittsfield Rotary Club
(413)441-1074. Supports local charities and projects; funds scholarships for high school and college students; raised over $400,000 and built the accessible playground in Springside Park. Meetings: Thursdays at 12:10 PM at the Crowne Plaza, Pittsfield. The affiliated Pittsfield Rotary Interact Club is a service organization for teens.
Polish Falcon Club
32 Bel Air Ave., (413) 447-9418.
236-6970. Programs for special needs children.
Real Women's Essay Task Force
Meets at the Berkshire Athenaeum. Sponsors annual women's history essay contest. Contact: Paulette LaPalm, (413) 443-9257.
Women's Club of the Berkshires, Inc.
(413) 447-7641. 42 Wendell Avenue. The Club's mission is to provide opportunities for members and the community for education, and to foster and improve the welfare of all women in the various stages of their lives with women or all ages working toward this goal. Promotes collaboration among women's groups for the benefit of women in and near the Berkshires.
ZONTA Club of Berkshire County
P.O. Box 2184, Lenox. An international organization for women executives in the business and professions working together to advance the status of women. Monthly meetings at the Crowne Plaza, Pittsfield. email: Zberkshire@Zontadistrict1.org.